Who are you aiming to peruade?
- Team - Reminder of your purpose? Rallying the troops?
- Customers - Establishing empathy?
- Investors - Proving you understand your market?
What is their emotional hook?
- What does the reader desire? What do they fear?
- Senses - what can they smell, taste, hear, see?
- Compelling - give the reader something to get curious about
- Identify value value your reader will get by reading more
- Teach - What do you want the reader to learn, think, remember?
- Provide social proof of trustworthyness
Are you making sense?
- Be specific - refer to real data if it is available
- Use plain language - don't try to sound clever
- Avoid terms like world leader or best in town
Is the timing right?