Design your onboarding experience from the start.
What must be delivered?
Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow - Aesop
Clearly specify all inputs and desired outputs.
- Focus - Have you set constraints?
- Success - what will you improve?
- Preparation - Have you done your research
- Approach - Are you clear in your approach?
Make things flow. Have enough structure to enable flow and communicate intent but flexible enough to allow for creativity in solving problems with new ways of thinking.
Those who look for the laws of Nature as a support for their works collaborate with the creator - Antoni Gaudi
- Flow - How do your structures enable flow?
- Fluidity and scale - Can others easily pick up work where other leave off?
- Creativity - Have you enabled experimentation?
- Momentum - How have you safeguarded against inertia?
- Good design is as little design as possible Dieter Rams
- Reduce - cognitive load
- Checks - avoiding common mistakes?
- Cognitive load - How are you making it easier to make good decisions?
- Sell -Have you created an emotional connection?
- covalent - NG2
- Design the overall look and feel
- User flows and information architecture
- Align business stakeholders
- Help establish a vision for the product
- Speed - mobile first
- Content that is context aware
- Good graphics are essential
- The state of responsive images