Those that think like owners create greater value.
Strong teamwork is more important than results, relationships more important than process, but good processes help build stronger connections. Build teamwork on common values and dedication to helping each other level up.
Identify respectful non-conformists that do extra to investigate a hunch then realign to teach what they have learned with the right balance of...
- friends and strangers
- experience and exuberance
- young and old
- individualism and cohesion
- patience and gratification
- generalists and specialists
- commitment over talent
- complementary skills and opposing insights
- makers and sellers
If you can get the job done and still share a laugh in the toughest situations.
- Ability to sell an idea
- Problem identification
- Creating a hunger
- Learning how to learn
- Pattern recognition
- Building a solution library
- Evaluating supply versus demand
- Trend identification
- Right time, right place
- Not giving a fuck and getting stuck in
What is the problems what elements (patterns) within problem do I recognise, how can I apply known solutions, is there a demand for a solution that is worth the effort? What trajectory is this trend taking? Can I convince myself and others of the dream.
Extracting meta from the matter
The greatest thing by far is to have a command of metaphor. This alone cannot be imparted by another it is the mark of genius for to make good metaphors implies an eye for resemblance Aristotle
- Enjoys collaborating directly with customers
- Everyone is responsible for sales
- Owns detail of delivery
- Disagreement and failure is expected - respect
- Can learn from and recover from mistakes
- Responding to change over following a plan
- Knows what has value
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Results over comprehensive documentation
When the entire team meets a certain standard for competence, there is a very large learning surface exposed and the team is able to absorb more information Reginald Braithwaite